Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fun Things Gumba Does

Before I forget all of these things, I'd better write them down. Here's a list of cute things Gumba has, or still is doing:

- He just started hitting his head while nursing. Strange I know, but the mommy forums on the net say their babes have done the same thing. Also while nursing he'll tug on his left year, and only on the left! I heart nursing. (Sorry Jenny)

- He is now turning the corners of furniture, which is a pretty big step. Before he could walk in a straight line while holding on, but then he'd have to stop.

- Pretty sure he goes after the baby gate and china cabinet for attention. When I tell him no he smiles at me then starts to shake/open it. This morning he put his arms up in preparation of being moved before I even got to him.

- His love for the vacuum. One of his friends also loves the vacuum, and cries when it gets turned off!

- Waves

- When I hold him, he finds my thumb and holds on.

- Talks to himself while riding in the car. He usually fakes a cough. I cough back and the game has begun.

- Laughs at nothing and for no reason. I wish humor came that easily to me, so does Husband.

- He goes after Lilies bling (dog tags) and she obliges. Last night Gumba was determined to get around her, and the only way to do it was to go through her. Lilie is a great dog.

There are plenty more things that just aren't coming to mind at the moment, or things I probably only find adorable. But Gumba really is the most precious thing ever. He's still relatively quiet and when we're at the station visiting Husband he snuggles on daddy's lap.

What are you're most precious memories of your precious babies?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our little big man has discovered he can control his world without crying! He can divert your attention to himself any time he chooses simply by opening the china cabinet It's no wonder he's smiling at you. He's proud of himself and expects you to recognize his newest achievement! This may be the time to clap your hands..he may surprise you by letting go of the china cabinet and clap his hands too!

The trick here is to re-divert his attention away from the china cabinet. Clear out what you don't want him to have and try letting him open the cabinet you keep pans in. He will eventually move on to other things, however in the neantime you will be able to ask him to give you a pan so you can fix him dinner. (Another life lesson, have him put the pan away after it's washed)!!

How do I know these things? My memories of four little ones, a husband, a full time job, two dogs, two cats, hamsters, gerbils, rabbits, chickens...well you know what I'm getting at!! My mantra has always been, "How important will this be in twenty years?" So, go with the flow and laugh with your son whenever you get a chance!

Eagle River Granny