Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm Calling It

I'm doing it, I'm calling it, spring is here! My mom will put me in the category of crazy with all the other newbie Alaskans who don't know any better, but I don't care. We have had temps in the high 20's, low 30's for a week and a half now, the snow is slowly melting, the sun is out, our days are longer...IT'S SPRING! And yes, I realize that only in Alaska do you declare spring when the temps are in the 20s! It has been wonderful. I've taken the boys outside to play and get fresh air every day; we've been to the park and CRM has played on the playground, gone down the slides, and even swung on the big boy swings! He is getting so grown up, well, for a two year old. I've been most amazed at how well he leaves the playground. Very minimal crying, but not tantrums, kicking or screaming, and running away from me. It'll be really great next year when I don't have to lug OMM around, 16lbs gets heavy, especially after an hour.
With spring here, it means the semester is almost over, which means Husband's job at the university will be on hiatus until September. This means we get much much more of him! The boys are missing him, and so am I. It's been a rough three months. Summer is going to be so awesome!
CRM is growing every day in every way. It's no wonder every parent of a two year old thinks their kid is a genius. There is such rapid development and he changes every day. He still isn't saying much we can understand, but what he understands is unbelievable. CRM picks up things so fast now.
OMM is still a movin' and a shakin'. Not much slows him down. The biggest development is how much he enjoys watching and interacting with his big brother. He lets CRM chase him around and giggling and laughing abound.
Husband and I took the kids to the Ice Park last week. CRM had a great time on the ice slides. This year they had a "train" (4-wheeler pulling carts) at the park, so we took a ride and saw all the sculptures the easy way. CRM thought it was a lot of fun. Check out the website to see more, it really is a sight to behold: www.icealaska.com I'll post pics sometime.
You all take care and enjoy the coming spring. Get outside and enjoy the fresh air!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I am glad spring is coming up there, we thought it was here a couple weeks ago with temps in the 60's, then it turned cold and now we have been having temps in the 20's at night and 30's in the daytime. I am ready for warmer weather, our snow is about gone though, so that is nice. Hear you are coming our way, hope we get a chance to see you all!!!!
Enjoy your warmer weather! Love, Sharon from Iowa

Ree-ch said...

Now I feel bad I complain of cold at 40, you brave thing. I have become such a wuss with weather, since I left. We don't even get snow, wierd huh. But, I would say it is spring, and will be getting outside more often, thanks to your motivation :)

Tasha and Chuck said...

hey Lisa,
can you email me your parents phone number. they said they wanted to come to seward to our DU event on saturday but i lost the number your dad gave me.
oh and when are you coming down this summer i want to get together!