Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our New Life






The title means several things huh? It's referencing our new addition. It's also referencing our new life as a family of four. Husband went back to work, and my mom went back to ER, so I was left to care for two small children myself for 24hrs at a time. The first day was stressful, the second day was even more stressful, but, the third day was less stressful, thank goodness. Hopefully it'll continue to get better, it should, right?!?

Gumba (first born) likes his new baby brother (Gum-ba-ba). Note: For those who are new to the blog, I like to use the nickname Husband affectionately used because this blog is open to everyone. Anyways, back to Gumba. He gives his brother hugs and kisses, tries to share his pacifiers, and asks to hold him. He's doing really well, but does have a little meltdown in the late afternoons when Husband is at work. I guess that is understandable, he does get neglected by default when I'm home alone.

I've also discovered something about myself, which is probably not kosher to actually admit, especially as a mom, but I don't think newborns are very fun. They are a ton of work, are demanding, have a need to be held constantly (which doesn't fit in with having a toddler), want to nurse constantly, and we've been blessed with another non-sleeper. I hope this passes quickly, but I honestly can't remember how long it'll be until life gets a little more normal and Gum-ba-ba will sleep for more then 1.5 hours at a time.

The good news is, he's awfully cute. He already talks a ton. Looks a lot like Gumba did at this age, so we may have another good looking boy on our hands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, baby so cute, life will get better, just hang in there, speaking from a Mother of 5!!
Rest when you can. We are still waiting for our grandbaby, any time now. Love from Iowa, Sharon