Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's Warmer?!?!?!

Our winter has been up and down so far and it's only the second month.  We had a week of really cold weather, -30F to be exact, yikes!  I had the wood stove going so we stayed toasty warm inside.  By the end of this week we were all going stir crazy and things were getting desperate.  To mix things up a bit I threw together a scavenger hunt, the boys drug pillows and blankets out to jump on, and we even went bowling in the house.   I also complied a list of things we could do in a pinch, because well, cabin fever is going to strike often.

And as luck would have it, yesterday it warmed up to 24F and the kids got sick.  Gah!  Today it was a modest 7F so I got us all (excluding Colin who was napping) outside for an hour.  It really cleared my head and even helped calm their coughs.  Here's to hoping they are feeling even better in the morning.  On Tuesday I fly with the three boys by myself down to ER to visit my parents.  Husband has been working a lot lately and I'm looking forward to the extra set of helping hands and maybe even a nap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I am on our other computer, I think this will work to comment. Sure you will have a great time at your parents. Enjoy, I am sure they will be excited to see their boys. Love cousin Sharon