Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Young Children's Eyesight

So this is to expand upon what I've discovered about young children's eyesight and the importance of taking them into an eye doctor for a routine checkup early on. 

Here is a link to a post I wrote earlier this year about my sweet little #2 and his/our journey of toddlers wearing glasses.  Go here to see what I wrote.

I'll add to it that he's become much better at wearing them, and does so 90% of the time.  I think he is finally seeing a difference and realizes he sees better with them on.  A lot of the time he'll go get them for us.  Oh, and he can even put them on himself now!  #2 will wear his patch without much arguing.  And really, once I get his glasses on over the patch he gives up and carries on with his day.  Allowing him to set the timer has helped.

I follow another blog and here is her experience with getting her son eye glasses: here  There are also a lot of great comments, read those as well.  Other mothers share their experience and advice on the subject.

I will reiterate how important it is to get your little ones eyes checked.  There is a short window to correct it, and once it's gone, it is gone forever. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your sons have grown quite a bit since this photo..how about posting a more recent one? Sure enjoyed your visit...the house was WAY to quiet for a few days after you all flew home! Love to all..Eagle River Granny