Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Kindergartener!

 
It's official, my oldest boy is all grown up, ready to fly to coup, find a girl, get settled down....okay, well, that may be a bit dramatic, but, we have a KINDERGARTENER!!!!  Last month we sent our oldest out into the wide, scary, exciting world with other kiddos to learn all he'll ever need to know about life.  I wasn't sad, I was excited for him.  Okay, a little sad, but for a completely different reason then I expected.
 
I am sad, not because he is growing up (he is), or because time is flying by too fast (it is), but because I don't get to watch him learn, watch him play, watch him make friends.  I have been home now for three and a half years, watching him everyday, all day.  I miss watching him.  I miss watching him learn, watching him play, watching him interacting with other kids.  I miss him at home.  I haven't gotten used to doing things without him, grocery shopping, play dates, lunch. 
 
So, maybe I am sad, sad that he is growing up and that time is flying by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Can't believe he is old enough for school. They grow up so fast.
Jolyn is finding that our also, she has a 1st. grader and pre-schooler, they both love school.
love your blogs, love Sharon