Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yeah for Sadie!

I have recently enrolled Sadie in agility classes...you know, the dogs that can go over A-frames, jump, and go through hoops, that sort of stuff. One of my ex-coworkers does agility and she had worked on me for a year to try it with Sadie. I didn't know if I had the time, or was willing with the money commitment. I decided to start training with her at home with the basics, and she had so much fun. Sadie is extremely food driven, which makes her extremely easy to work with, she is extremely motivated to please, and is pretty intelligent. All and all she is going to make a good agility dog (I think, as I am sure we all do about our "kids"). I just need to keep an eye on myself, and keep me motivated. So far we've had two classes and Sadie has done very well. She already knew a lot of the foundational stuff that we had to work on, so we're busy building on that and making it stronger. I have to teach her a trick, and so we're working on "dead cockroach". It's a bit of a challenge just because Sadie needs to lay on her back with her paws in the air.....not something that comes natural. I think after two weeks she has it down pretty good...once again, just working on it to make it stronger.

Lilie will probably never do agility. She is much less motivated, which I do like cause I can be pretty lazy. When I first started working with Sadie, I was surprised how eager it made Lilie to work. She does get really jealous when I work with Sadie, so I do a few easy things with her that are easily rewardable. So I guess that my life isn't all work with no play. I do sometimes enjoy the rug rats that I have!

No comments: