Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Monday, October 1, 2007

First a Quilt, and now a Curtain?

My mom and one of our longtime family friends drove up to visit me this past weekend. FYI, I live 350 miles away, and they came up for the weekend. Takes a special person to do this trip three or four times in the summer. Don't see them in the winter, no one wants to test their luck with the road. Anyway, this isn't this point. Mom was up here the beginning of September with my sister. The two of them politely informed me I was making a quilt for this girl we knew who was pregnant, who just happens to be the daughter of the woman that accompanied my mom this weekend....follow? So, I spent the beginning of the month quilting, whipped out this adorable blanket in two days. Then this weekend my mom informed me that I was going to make a curtain to go with the quilt. When asked why neither of these two women made the curtain...well, it's all so simple of course, they don't know how and don't want to buy a sewing machine, so why not drive for seven hours? Crazy, I know. But I do love the company. On the second day they were here they take out the fabric, and wallah, they didn't buy enough. And as it turns out, luckily for me no on in town carried enough fabric so I was able to relax (sort of) the rest of the weekend! I had a lot of fun while they were here, and unfortunately this will be the last trip of the year...mom got snowed on they way down.

No comments: