Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Copper-sitting

Husband and I are dog sitting for one of our friends. Here are her facts: she is a year old, weighs less than my cats, and is a pure-bred Beagle....yes, I said Beagle. Copper is having the time of her life here; two dogs to play with ALL the time, and two cats to harass until they catch on to the fact they can jump onto furniture higher than she is. Luckily for me, Husbands work schedule worked out just so, that I only had to manage all FIVE pets one day. The first night she howled, I turned to husband and asked if, since she was one it would stop. The second night Copper didn't stop moving until after 9:30, and that was only because I gave her a chewy. The dogs are having a blast with her. Lilie plays really well with her, half the time Sadie is policing them. Lilie only had to be scolded twice for not sharing, Sadie already knew the drill. Copper has only gotten hurt twice, which really is a miracle considering she weighs something like a sixth of my dogs. Lilie accidentally bit her little stick legs too hard. Copper's leg went in the air, and I "tough" loved her and told her to walk it off! All in all its been a fun experience and we enjoy having her. Although, lucky for Husband I won't be bothering him at all for another dog...filling five food bowls, and feeding five animals separately is a LOT of work.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Five pets. You're like Dr Doolittle!

Lisa said...

I wish I knew that much about animals!