Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Monday, July 13, 2009

New Things for Gumba

Gumba has learned to do many new things this past month. First he found his feet, which actually brought much joy to me. Next he discovered, thanks to his cousin, that feet can be brought up to the mouth and chewed on.


Gumba has started eating real human food! I am making it all myself which brings me much satisfaction, as well as a much much lower grocery bill. I've even been making the rice cereal, which I only use as a filler. I had no idea making baby food would be so easy. So far he's had sweet potato, avocado, zucchini, and a little taste of watermelon and cantaloupe.


We've also been working pretty hard on sitting. Here he is sitting just long enough by himself for me to take a picture! This boy is making great strides! Sorry for Gumba's weird face, I didn't have much time before he was going to tip over. I threw in this other really adorable pic just for the heck of it. I can't believe how cute he is. Husband and I totally lucked out with this one.
I don't know if many of you have heard but there are several large wildland fire's that firefighter's are battling right now. Husband was sent away from Gumba and I six days ago, and we don't have a clue as to when he'll be back, it may be as long as 14 days. He is out of cell phone range so we haven't been able to touch base with him. This is actually the reason I have so many pics of Gumba, I don't have much else to do! I've found that keeping a baby occupied for three or four hours is very taxing. I'll let you all know when Husband comes home. I'll be ready for a break.

No comments: