Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Saturday, July 28, 2012

At the "Beach"

Thursday was super warm, it was 80 outside.  After the kids woke up from naps I thought it would be fun to go to the local watering hole and play in the sand and sun.  I didn't know how #1 and #2 were going to handle the water, the last time they were around anything other then a bath tub or river was two years ago when we took a trip to San Diego, CA to visit Husband's family.  We took the boys to the beach, #1 ran away from the water.  #2 was a mere 7 weeks old and slept through it.  I was so excited to see #1 jump right in and start playing.  #2 followed right behind and did his own thing!

Look how happy he is!  #1 played and played with the sand and water.  He even went into the lake up to his waist.  I'm going to sign him up for swimming lessons which start the beginning of August.  Hopefully he'll have a great time.  We're heading back to CA in December so it's imperative he gets comfortable with water.  I know the beach will be too cold, but we're staying in a resort so they'll have a heated pool, or outdoor pool, or both, not really sure.

#2 ran and ran at the edge of the water.  No shoes!  It was nearly impossible to get a picture of him looking at me, he was so busy.  He especially liked taking sand from the beach and pouring it into the lake.

Sand + Water = Mud!!!

 Busy filling up a bucket.

Husband putting the baby to sleep.  Have I mentioned what a precious, great little thing he is?!  He just goes with the flow, it's incredible.  At 12 weeks he weighs in at 15lbs 12oz and is 25inches.  He is in the 97 percentile for both! 

Finally, he stopped long enough to get a picture of his face!

It was really hot (for us) and the boys had a fabulous time.  What is most astonishing though, is, only seven months ago it was -50 out.  Actually, it may have even been colder then that, Husband and I thought it may have been -55 at our house at some point last winter.  That makes a 130 degree difference between our maximum high and low for the year.  Crazy, not sure why I live here.  I followed the boys around, probably looking like an idiot, trying to get pictures.  It was our first time going and hopefully we'll get a couple good more days when Husband is home so we can go again.  Maybe next time I'll hand the camera off to Husband so there's proof I tagged along. 

No comments: