Now there are 4

Now there are 4

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mom's Vacation

So, it turns out that raising four boys is hard, hard work.  And while I do enjoy it, sometimes, this June I needed a break.  My mom mentioned a steal on tickets to Anchorage, and luckily Husband's schedule worked out and I was able to fly with just the littlest one and visited my mom and siblings.  It was AWESOME.  To be honest, I didn't really know what to do with my free time.  Mom was going to watch the baby for me so I could get a break. 
 
I decided I wanted to do the things I never had the time or money for, so my sister Jenny and I decided to wing it.  First, we drove to Girdwood to tour the "Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center."  We had a good time, and on our way to taking the aerial tram in Girdwood (pics below) we stopped off for pizza.
 

 
 
While at the top of Girdwood I picked up a really good non-fiction book, "Beyond the Bear."  The copy I picked up happened to be the only signed copy in the store.  I very rarely buy books at full price, but I took it as a sign and bought it.  I was not disappointed.  It was one of the best written books I've ever read.  I finished it within days and left it for my mom and sister to read.
 
In addition to the conservation center and tram, I also went shopping and ate at a restaurant, sans kids.  It was a really nice three days, and I was glad to get back to my family.  Husband did a good job keeping the fort together.  He even vacuumed before I got back.  I hate walking into a dirty house!

No comments: